From FlyerGuide Wiki
Welcome to the American Airlines Wiki! Please feel free to browse this unofficial site with pages relating to American Airlines. The goal of this Wiki is to help you get the most out of your AA flying experience by providing additional information that is not available or easily accessible on AA.com. If you have questions, comments, or requests regarding the content of this Wiki, please post to the Wiki Master Thread on FlyerTalk.
As with all wikis readers are also invited to contribute additional information they may have! Please read the Getting Started section first and try to maintain existing formatting standards. For more details, you can also check out the Help page.
In addition to the FAQ below, there is a separate FAQ in the FlyerTalk AA Forum that will answer many
Frequently Asked Questions
- I haven't flown AA before, where do I start?
- What is the AAdvantage program and what's the big deal about elite status?
- Does AA offer status matches for elites from other airlines?
- Generally no, but you can do a Challenge to get elite status quickly.
- Where can I find information about booking a complex award flight using miles (stopover, open-jaw, or partner)?
- Go to the Award Travel Stopover/Transit Rules page.
- How can I upgrade my Economy ticket to First or Business Class?
- Read about all of your options on the Upgrades page.
- Will my fare earn mileage? Is it upgradeable? How can I tell if upgrades are available on my flight?
- For all the details, see Inventory Classes and Mileage Eligibility.
- Will I have enough time to make my connection?
- Check the Minimum Connecting Times table.
- I've never been to this airport, what is the AA terminal like?
- Find out more in the Airports section.
- Is there a premium or elite security line at my airport?
- Check the Elite Security Lines page.
- Will I have lounge access?
- Get the details on AA and oneworld Lounge Access Rules.
- I'm on the airport standby list...what are my chances?
- Will my plane have Next Generation Business Class seats? What are they like?
- Check the Next Generation Business Class page for the latest information.
- What other in-flight amenities will I receive?
- Something went wrong - can I get some compensation?
- I got a voucher! Now, how can I use it?
- For all of your options, read the Vouchers page.
- What's the difference between miles and points? What are EQP, EQM, and RDM? How are they calculated?
- Get all the details on the Miles and Points page.
- How can I prevent my miles from expiring? I need 772 more miles for an AAward - what can I do?
- The Non-Air Mileage page has some ideas on easy mileage earning strategies!
- Whoa - what are those weird acronyms that people are using?
- Browse the FlyerTalk AA Glossary.
Pages in category "American Airlines"
The following 73 pages are in this category, out of 73 total.